Friday, June 30, 2006

It's Over

Finally, yes, it's done. Everything.

CHEO, graduation, and graduation party. And mini shopping trip with Grandma. And my bulletin insert.

And.... reading DragonKnight!

Ok, let's back up.

It started on friday. (Well, actually it started on thursday, but I didn't go. *grin*) The whole family (yup, all four of us) got into the van and drove of to Columbus to the CHEO (Christian Home Educators of Ohio) convention. Two good things come to mind about friday. 1: Dad dragged me off to the Good Stewerd Books booth and made me pick out a book to buy. I saw DragonSpell and, well, was there any choice after that? 2: We got to listen to RadioU while in Columbus. I guess you could make it three if you count all the exercise I got running around the humongous building.

Saturday was worse. Tasha's graduation. I count one thing I enjoyed about saturday. I got to play amateur photographer with Dad's camera. And of course RadioU.

Sunday. Tasha's graduation party. Whee. Three hours of people. People I don't know, for that matter. As if we aren't all tired enough already. *sigh* After the people leave we have to go to Adam's grad party. Good thing there. We got to play some badmitton. (poor birdy...) And Danielle and Erica were good. It was a nice change. *grin*

Go home, fall into bed.

Next day? (Ah, dear monday, so close to my heart...) (Yes, that was sarcasm.) Grandma comes over. Now don't get me wrong, Grandma is awesome. Yes, she probably needs some help, but don't we all? Besides she says she's only like this when with us. I don't believe her. We went "shopping". So it only consisted of one store. We still went somewhere. Then to lunch at El Campestre. The server there remembers us (ah, bad memories, bad memories...). His name is Margarito. We went on Tasha's birthday and she got to wear a sombrero! Admittedly, it's bad when the waiter knows your orders after three times.

The one store we went to was The Bookery, a Christian book store. Grandma bought us all a book and I bet you already know which one I got. DragonKnight! So my day was made. Can we go home now?

We did. And played Phase 10. Mom actually won. Grandma always wins. It was amazing, a miracle.

And finally Tuesday came. Unfortunately I was in the middle of a series and had to finish.

Wednesday wasn't a good day. I had to write a bulletin insert about our youth group. What we're into right now, etc. Right now, we're not doing much of anything though, so... yeah. It was also my first. I freaked out most of the day, sneaking in bits of DragonSpell whenever I could and finally finished. I will be surprised if it's actually in the bulletin on sunday. Once I finished though, I read like mad. Finished DragonSpell at like 11:30 that night. I love these books.

Yesterday was the most fun though. I got up, took my shower, read my short section of history (yes, but I'm almost done!) and sat down to read DragonQuest. Around 9:30 Mom tells me I need to take a walk sometime. "Now?" "Sure." So I take a walk, 20 minutes, 1 mile. I'm back and reading again. Finish DragonQuest and start DragonKnight. I finished DragonKnight very early this morning. As in 12:20 this morning.

It was amazing. Beautiful. Whatever else one could ever think of to call it (only good words of course) it was. I loved it. Now I have to wait for the last one though. DragonFire. Should come out June next year. But it's ok. Because before that comes... the third Tahn book! (If only I knew the title, it would sound so much better.) January 1st it will be released. I'll preorder it of course.

That's my past week. Some good, some not.

Remind me never to graduate.

No comments: