Friday, June 15, 2007

St. Thomas Aquinas

Yesterday I read St. Thomas Aquinas: "The Dumb Ox" by G.K. Chesterton. (Another of those delayed history books. :D) A lot of it went right over my head. But it's a book I'm looking forward to curling up with years from now, maybe with a husband to help, to puzzle it out.

I may not have understood a lot of it, but there were a couple of quotes that stood out. (Not to mention some humourous lines, but I'll stick with what I wrote down to sitck in my pile.)

At one point he was talking about... Oh gees, don't ask me to explain it. The quote may not be exactly self-explanatory, but hopefully sorta close enough. I get it. *grins* "Things change because they are not complete; but their reality can only be explained as part of something that is complete. It is God."

The second is about Evolution, which I find an interesting subject to dissect, if only because to me it seems so completely implausible. This expresses my sentiments rather well. *smiles* "But anyhow, it is absurd for the Evolutionists to complain that it is unthinkable for an admittedly unthinkable God to make everything out of nothing, and then pretend that it is more thinkable that nothing should turn itself into everything."

Yes, I definately look forward to the day...

Dreaming of...
Shine~Ley

No comments: