Sunday, July 15, 2007

I'm alive

Dear Family and Friends,
I am in POLAND!! AI!!! It's amazing.
 
We did our first ministry last night. All the GE half of our ministry team is on the drama and I love it so much! We're doing a drama called Freedom, which is basically about a girl who is struggling to find God. Satan tempts her with alcohol (that would be me and Katie) and we party, but then she gets sick. So tries money next, but it doesn't work either. Finally a boyfriend comes along, but in the end he just uses her and throws her away. The whole time Jsus is just beckoning to her and finally he's had enough. He takes the chain off of her (Satan's been using it to drag her around) and puts it on himself. Satan yanks him into the demons (also me) and we beat him up, absolutely gleeful the Jesus is dead. But then he resurrects (and this is where it gets painful). The demons are thrown back and then cast out. It is an awesome drama, but all the demons and the girl have some very painful bruises. :)
 
The dance training was very cool, but fortunately the Jesus Revolution half of our team is doing it, because I still suck at it. ;) We'll get more training on the later. Most of us have gotten over the soreness of all the training, thank God.
 
Today, as Sunday, was sort of a free day. We went to church, (very long walk) and then explored the old city. It was interesting, even if I was almost dead on my feet. The ice cream is AWESOME! And a plus, lights out is at 2230 tonight. Yes!
 
I am having so much fun. Please keep praying, especially as we try to speak to people after the drama in the street meetings. I miss you all so much. See you in three weeks! Love you!
 
Ashley
(Ley)
 
P.S. Please send this to anyone you want. I didn't want to bother with it. (Saw toe rings today, Tasha. Thought of you. Love you.)

No comments: