Thursday, March 26, 2009

MAX

Has anyone 'round here read the Maximum Ride series? I just found out the other day that book 6, Max, was out when I ran across a pretty sweet contest at Marta's. I definitely like the Max Ride books. *grins* Though The Final Warning, book 5, didn't quite live up to my expectations. Still, I have high hopes for Max. I can't help it. She's just so... stubborn. :-)

Anyway, if you like the books or ever wanted to check them out, get over to Marta's Meanderings! She's giving away not one, but four sets of the entire series. The contest ends on March 31. All you have to do is leave a comment, so pop on over!

Speaking of MAX... I just watched Max Payne last night. Very good movie. It managed to be ver graphic without being gory at all, a rather weird combination. Overall, it gave it a very odd feel. Not a bad odd. More of an Odd-Thomas-odd. Good odd. *smiles* That last scene though, the one after the credits? It makes me go all, "Awww, Max and Mona!" You know, in that "Nick-and-Nora" voice. Yeah....

In a final tidbit of Ashley-loves-contests-news, Lori Devoti is hosting like, the supreme werewolf blog party (my term ;-) ) over at her place more officially called The Full Moon of Werewolves (the party that is, not "her place"). There's lots of fun prizes and the posts are just fun. She's got a ton of authors stopping by to chat about their books and weres. I'm starting a list. *grins* And I'm thinking I need to see what this Blood and Chocolate is about.

I'm trying to post a bit more regularly, so (hopefully) see you next week!

Enjoy!
Shine~Ley

No comments: