Sunday, July 05, 2009

A Happy 4th and a Happy 1st

Yesterday was long and loud, but happy. Lucas was adorable as per usual, though kinda tired by the end of it all. Poor kid didn't get a nap. But all's well that ends well, and it was a good first birthday party, spaghetti in cake and all. Too bad the kid won't remember it. o.O

And on the way there, we got to stop at Half-Price Books. I did very well for myself. *nods and smiles* Seven books, all clearance, including one A Tolkien Miscellany. Total? $10.09. Boo-yah. Hehe.

I sneezed a couple times on the way home, you know, but didn't really think anything of it. I should've. I have a cold. Again. Honestly, I'm just sick and tired of getting sick. Bleh. Does it never end? I had better get over this quickly. I have places to go and people to see this weekend! And Natasha on Thursday!

Today I'm working on scholarships galore, since I stayed home from church. If I don't hurry up and get to writing the essay part, I think my eyeballs are going to explode from staring at he screen too long. I that would certainly cut my writing career short, now wouldn't it?

Oh, and another contest naturally. *grins*



Well, hope you had a good Fourth! Go out and watch Independence Day everyone!

Shine~Ley

3 comments:

Nathaniel said...

Thanks for the posts. Hope your weekend went well. I was praying for you.

Nathaniel said...

I just want to say hi! I posted a new blog today. I was hoping you would post a new post too.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ashley! Good luck with college.
Love, Mom