Thursday, August 20, 2009

Settled In

Everyone, hello from Berea, Ohio! I'm sitting in my dorm room on the top bunk (and liking it, surprisingly), typing this after a rather hectic day so far. Fortunately there's only supper and a game night this evening so I can hang out and cool off.

It's quiet just now because my roomies, Kristen and Liz, went off exploring the dorm with a couple of friends, but they're both very nice, and I think we'll get along all right. Thank God, eh?

We have this huge, beautiful bank of windows on one wall that we all adore, not least because it has a nice view of the field. Heh. Fortunately it faces in a north-westerly direction, so we won't get early morning sunshine in our eyes.

All the freshmen took a class picture today, which we all felt ridiculous doing, because we're all squinting into the sun up at a guy with a camera up in a cherry-picker. And to make it all just humiliating, we were lined up to form a B-W. Yeah, I know, it was bad. :)

Tonight at 9, we have a meeting with our RA, so that will probably be informative.

Tomorrow will be a busy day too, with lots of optional things in the morning and evening. And of course I have to go talk to people in College Relations about work study. *gulps* Now if only we could figure out when the cafeteria opens for breakfast...

Miss you all already! Lots of love...
Shine~Ley

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog Ashley.
Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

tonight at 9? geez...up late huh? lol. can't wait till labor day weekend :)
-tasha

Nathaniel said...

Hope your settling in well. I'm going to miss your randomness at supper Tuesday.
I got my acceptance letter from NCSC. It's sorta weird because doesn't everyone who applies there get in? I'm still waiting on Financial Aid info. :( Can't wait till labor day weekend it's one of my last weekends off though. I saw on my collage schedule there aren't any classes that weekend. If you find a digital copy of that B-W picture I want to see it lol.
Have fun!