Friday, September 18, 2009

Cadence

So today was a busy day. School til 3:00. Back to the dorm to unpack my bag and get my homework sorted. Over to the library to print off a history assignment. A mile walk to the picnic, where I walked some more with Katie, Tim and Elwin. Awww. So cute, he is. (Elwin, that is. *grins*) Supper, talk with Herr Hollender and Tim and Katie. Tim is seriously nice. Some more talk after supper, including Melissa. Herr Hollender tried to shove leftovers on us. Failed. :)

Then the walk to The Book and Bean around six-ish. As soon as I walk in I meet eyes with an older lady, salt and pepper hair. "Ashley?" And such began a beautiful relationship. *smiles* Seriously, we talked for 3 hours. When have you known me to do that? We talked about everything, writing, NaNo, relationships. Everything. Oh my gosh, she has [editted due to sensitivity of content] completed novels. She writes constantly. It amazes me.

After a drink at Book and Bean, which she kindly paid for with a gift card she's had for nearly two years! LOL Then we went for a rather long and enjoyable walk. We went to both of the rose gardens in Berea, and wandered over the sidewalks at Coe Lake. Last week was Art... something. Anyway, there were chalk drawings all over the place, and some of them were really good. There was one of Jack Skelton! Hehe.

Over all we just had a wonderful time. We have a lot in common and she's a really strong Christian. I'm so glad she e-mailed me that day. :D Another of those God-arranged events. There's been a lot of those lately. Or maybe I'm just noticing them more.

And thank God for happy pills. *laughs*

Oh, as a P.S., I got a 88 on my first paper! So happy! Thank God. *giggles*

Okay, I'm a little high still. I get that way when I've had a really good happening. Though I've stopped shaking anyway.

*is singing Family Force 5*

2 comments:

Nathaniel said...

That's so cool. I'm glad your setting in well.

Unknown said...

i remembered family force 5 for you! aren't you happy? lol